mercoledì 8 aprile 2015

Cookie dough frenzy (voglia di frolla)



Italian cookie dough - la Frolla

There comes the day when you just feel like "I wanna do it".
It's sunny outside, the weather is nice, the temperature is not cold at all.
And you just want to bake or, at least work with the ingredients, make some good pastry basis, and save them in the freezer for the future.
Well, truthfully, today it was that day. So I grabbed the plain flour, some eggs, vanilla beans, icing sugar, butter, and...

... And I just went on working with the processor.

How did I make it?
Very simple. Check the video below even if, in the video, I used my own hands and not the food processor! :-)
And what will I do with it?
Even easier: a good tart (crostata), or some cookies (biscotti), or whatever pie I can make... This cookie dough is just a wonderful base for your pastry creativity.
Meanwhile, I just store the doughs in the freezer, then I'll see...



Cookie dough ingredients:
160gr of butter (1 + 1/2 stick) - 120gr of icing sugar (1 cup) - 300gr of plain flour (2 + 1/3 cups) - 3 yolks - lemon zest or vanilla seeds.


  • If you like in your dough, wash the lemon and get the zest. Or, work the vanilla bean with a knife and get the seeds out of it;
  • Put the butter (it has to be a very soft butter) in a bowl with the flour and start mixing the two ingredients;
  • After a while, add the icing sugar;
  • Then, finally, add the three yolks. In case of need, help yourself with a little bit of flour that you better always have on one side;
  • Use the grease proof paper and put in the fridge for at least one hour.
Then, if you want to make some cookies, here's how:

  • Preheat the hoven at 180° (356 °F)
  • Get some pieces of the cookie dough and make a sort of balls with it;
  • With the help of a finger, make a hole in the ball;
  • Put some jam inside the hole (I used strawberry jam) and place them in the oven;
  • After 12, 13 minutes you can take them out of the oven and let them cool;
  • Once that they are cold enough, you can sprinkle some icing sugar on top and you can taste them.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento